- How to get a good night’s sleep
- A Franbrow tribute from the CELTA trainees
- An overview of the CELTA Course (and how not to implode).
- A Capitol CELTA…
- CELTA September 2014
- The Celta Survivors’ Club
- From BA to Oh Man! We’ll take good care of you…
- Considering doing a CELTA
- From CELTA to Saudi…
- From ladders to mountains – cutting Demand High down to size
- A trip down memory lane with Martin Eayrs
- IH60 at IATEFL
- Hits and misses from the IATEFL Day One ‘pool
- I’ve never been to IATEFL…
- Celebrating the success of the Olympics Opening with a reading lesson for B1 to C2
- The Post-CELTA Joys of teaching in Jujuy by Emily Droege
- IH Teachers Online Conference – 50 years of IH Teacher Training
- Spring 2012 edition of the IH journal out now!
- Two Years On – looking back on my CELTA experience
- Fifty Years of IH in Broad Brush Strokes – by Brita Haycraft
Author Archives: International House Buenos Aires Teacher Training
Skills Assignment Text One Ever since he retired, Edward dreads going to bed at night. He’s afraid that when he turns off his light, he will just lie there with his eyes open and his mind racing. “How can I break … Continue reading
Fran’s CELTA group gave this to her on the last day of her and Kate’s January course. Apparently there’s this thing she does with her eyebrows! But they still loved her!
If you’re not sure what CELTA involves, then this account from our affiliate cousin IH Belfast is a very good guide… An overview of the CELTA Course (and how not to implode)..
Was great to hear today from one of our January 2014 alumni, who’s currently putting everything she learnt on her CELTA at IH Buenos Aires into practice… Dear Kate and Fran, It’s Jessica from the January 2014 CELTA class. I … Continue reading
CELTA – Cambridge English Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages This course provides speakers of English with initial training in teaching English as a foreign language, and leads to the internationally recognized qualification: the Cambridge CELTA (Certificate … Continue reading
Eric did the CELTA with us back in March this year. Armed with his new teaching techniques and a head full of ideas and activities, he started applying for jobs around the world. Here he updates us on his travels … Continue reading
Here are a couple of useful resources for those of you thinking about doing a CELTA but are still not quite sure what you’d be letting yourself in for… First up, is a very useful video from Cambridge English – … Continue reading
Elizabeth did the CELTA with us here at International House Buenos Aires in February 2012. Here she writes about her experiences teaching in Saudi Arabia post-CELTA. Enjoy! For most of my first year, I was teaching as a classroom teacher … Continue reading
Originally posted on A Muse Amuses:
This is a talk that I first did at the Macmillan Annual Conference at the Anglo on Saturday May 11th 2013. I then repeated it as a workshop at International House in Buenos Aires…